Peace Recruitment's client, an internationally renowned commercial real estate services and investment firm, are recruiting a RICS qualified Building Surveyor to join their established Aberdeen team.
This opportunity provides a role for either a Surveyor or Senior Surveyor level candidate. undertaking a wide range of commercially focused, professional building consultancy work for a variety of investor and corporate occupier clients within the UK and across EMEA ranging from single assets to large portfolios and platform deals.
To assist and take the lead role in the successful implementation and delivery of professional building consultancy advice to a range of clients in relation to building surveys, lead consultant/contract administration and dilapidations instructions as well as other general building surveying advice.
• Take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building surveying instructions successfully;
• Work closely with other colleagues and departments to grow relationships and business opportunities.
• Projects to include but not restricted to:-
- Lead Consultant and Contract Administration role for refurbishment and small/ medium size projects;
- Preparation of Schedules of Dilapidations and negotiating claims on behalf of either landlord or tenant;
- Preparation of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules;
- Building surveys for investment of occupational purposes;
- Defect analysis and providing commercial advice to clients;
• Looks for opportunities to bring and build value, delivering client solutions which exceed expectations;
• To positively contribute to the team and department business plan and to assist in achieving its objectives;
• Work in compliance with Quality Management procedures;
• MRICS qualified (preferably Building Surveying pathway) with at least 1-2 years relevant post qualification experience, appropriate to the role;
• Able to effectively and autonomously deliver projects in the lead consultant, contract administrator and employer’s agent capacity;
• AutoCAD experience advantageous
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project;
• Present a professional knowledgeable persona and possess business acumen;
• Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships;
• Good appreciation of professional and project building surveying matters;
• Able to contribute to business development activities;
• Able to delegate whilst maintaining accountability and ensuring delivery;
• Articulate and excellent attention to detail;
• Willing to travel through the UK and across EMEA, as required
• Driving licence
To discuss this role further please do not hesitate to GIT on 0131 516 3857