Peace Recruitment are currently recruiting for a quantity surveyor vacancy with one of Scotland’s biggest and most well-known tier one main contractors. The Vacancy is in the Highlands of Scotland with a lot of the current projects being in and around the Fort William area.
The company is well established and offers a steady pipeline of secured work. They are currently undergoing a period of sustainable growth. You will be responsible for the complete financial and contractual control of building projects, ensuring profitability is maximised, the companies interested are looked after, monitor and report in a timely manner.
As a Quantity Surveyor your main responsibilities will include.
- liaise with the operational management and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified, and paid on time.
- monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same.
- prepare Preliminaries budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on same.
- Ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- Assist with estimating as and when required.
- Ensure that tenders are accurate and delivered on time.
- Manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Gain competitive advantage.
- Attend Progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- Delegate efficiently and effectively.
- Be responsible for identifying the training and development needs of staff and provide the necessary support and action when required.
- Assist the Contracts Manager, as required, securing labour, materials, and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s Quality Manual.
- At all times to represent the company in the best possible way, be courteous and professional working to the highest ethical standards.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary that is commiserate with experience, a generous car allowance/ company vehicle, office to site mileage, private healthcare, and a range of corporate benefits.
For more information about the company please contact Craig Freschini directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the link below.