Peace Recruitment are working with an established principal contractor based in Glasgow, who deliver a mix of retail, commercial and fit-out projects up to the value of £5m. The business is actively recruiting a Quantity Surveyor or an assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. The business are keen to employ someone who has experience within fit-out but those without fit-out experience will be considered. This role has arisen due to secured pipeline of work.
The role will be to assist in the production of accurate commercial reporting, cost controls and cash management for all project activity and operational processes.
Key Requirements of the role:
- Prepare monthly Cost Valuation Reconciliation Reports for all projects.
- Attend project progress meetings and provide updates to client with projection of costs as required.
- Produce and submit valuations in accordance contractual requirements.
- Procurement of subcontract agreements to maximise project returns and ensure contract programmes and deadlines are achieved.
- Raise Invoice requests to Finance Department.
- Provide assistance to Contract Manager on contractual issues.
- Make regular site visits for collation of information for monthly valuation statements
- Evaluate variations and handle contractual correspondence.
- Submission and agreement of accurate final account applications with clients.
- Assessment of subcontractor valuations and agreement of final accounts including payment process.
- Undertake various contracts administration duties relating to the commercial running of projects.
- BSC Quantity Surveying
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook
- Proven experience of delivering projects up to the value of £5m
- You will require a driver’s license for this role.
- Salary of £30,000 to £52,000 dependent on experience
to apply for this position, please attach your CV using the link. To discuss the position in more detail, contact Craig Freschini directly on 0131 264 0131