Peace Recruitment are working with a large public sector organisation to recruit a Senior Consultant Engineer to join their team. They are looking for an experienced Engineer to join in with their road services sector. They are looking for someone who can come in with prior experience in the industry, so they can come in and provide an insight into the management, maintenance and design of the public road and footway network with the council area. This role will follow a hybrid structure, so working from home will be incorporated into your work schedule.
Within this role you will be responsible to the Network & Structures Manager, and delegate duties service members throughout the team. Site visits is an essential part of the role, so holding a driving license is essential to this role. Being able to liaise with stakeholders, internally and externally, is a crucial skill to this role, by bringing across strong points and knowledge of the works you should be able to explain why and how the road maintenance and management will be run.
The key duties within this role are:
- Making sure the service delivery is up to the current codes of practise
- Working with the team to prepare, design and implement on minor road improvements, making sure appropriate traffic management is in place.
- Make sure that the inspection and maintenance of public roads follows the statutory requirements and legislation.
- Work alongside the Inspector Engineer to highlight any minor or major works needed within the council area.
- Deal with site supervision to ensure that everything follows correct procedures, and the work is performed.
- Be familiar with the Scottish Road Works Register (SRWR) to ensure correct procedures are taking place.
- Experience of traffic management is essential, being able to design how the methods will be put in place.
- Dealing with the cost estimates of the required works to align with the available budgets.
- Initial 6 months contract, likely to be extended
- Looking to offer £25 - £30ph
This is a contract position immediately available to an individual who is ready to develop their career with an exciting position. If you are interested in this position, please call me on 0131 516 5805 or alternatively apply to the position through our website.