Senior Electrical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000
Are you a Building Services Electrical Design Engineer in one of the market leading, independent UK engineering consultancies, with over 160 years of experience at the forefront of construction? If the answer is no, then this is your opportunity to join an ever expanding, multidisciplinary consultancy in their Edinburgh office.
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality and specialist projects across a variety of sectors in the UK market, and pride themselves in their open and honest working environment. This is a place to really develop your skills and career by working closely with the hands-on Directors’ on a wide range of projects.
Why should I apply?
- You have the chance to join a very secure multidisciplinary company who will never be short on exciting projects.
- A very competitive salary and benefits package.
- Copious opportunities for career progression.
- The guidance you will receive by working side by side with the Directors will be significant and invaluable to your own career development.
- As our client is privately owned by the partners, you will not be restricted or limited by external shareholders. The focus is on quality, reinvestment and client satisfaction, rather than squeezing profit.
What will the job entail?
- You will be heavily involved in the design process by working in the team and independently.
- Reviewing and managing the project from inception to post construction. This will test your decision making, negotiating, and overall communication skills.
- Attending all meetings with the client, project team, contractors, etc.
- Offer mentoring and management to junior engineers, sharing your technical knowledge and experience.
Am I suitable?
- Ideally you will have at least 5 years’ experience in a building design engineering capacity
- Experience of being the lead Electrical Engineer on projects of various scale.
- A real can-do attitude and be able to demonstrate initiative and problem solving abilities.
If this position could be of interest to you I would be delighted to have a confidential chat to go over some of the finer details of the role and company.
Please click to apply or contact Scott O’Malley directly on 0131 516 2560 or email email@example.com