£40,000 - £55,000
Peace Recruitment is working with one of the Scotland’s busiest contractors to source a Bid Manager to join their team. The primary focus of the role will be to lead and manage the individual project bid process and team to ensure that it is properly co-ordinated and considered to achieve best in class proposals/bids, which secures future work.
Duties will include:
- Checking of tender documents together with amendments
- Identifying critical success factors for tender and preparing Bid Strategy with Senior Management
- Identifying the appropriate level of resource for tender preparation (internal and external) and manage and support the bid team as required to develop and conclude the bid
- Developing, resourcing and managing bid programme
- Establish and collate all the necessary resources that will need to be provided to the bid team
- Ensure the correct selection of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Manage opportunity and risk profile of projects, preparing and managing tender risk registers
- Liaison with the client providing a central point of reference
- Preparing/editing/checking/reviewing (depending on scale) quality submission documents
- Arranging mid-review meetings with bid team, consultants and key supply chain, where appropriate
- Ensuring that commercial staff are provided the opportunity to participate/comment, where appropriate.
- Organise tender settlement meeting (incl. directors and bid team)
- Co-ordinate post tender negotiations with clients
- Attend handover meetings and brief operations team on tender bid
- Good general knowledge of building and general construction techniques and methodology
- Familiarity with project tender preparation and construction costs
- Understanding of the commercial, legal and contractual aspects of tendering
- Confidence in communicating with senior managers in the organisation
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions
- Excellent communication with your colleagues, clients and external consultants regarding the business
- Team Player
The business is looking for candidates with a commercial background, so experience in cost planning, negotiation and value engineering is extremely desirable.
In return the company provides an excellent remuneration package, including car/allowance, pension and consistent bonus scheme, dependent upon experience. To apply for this position, click on the link below or contact John Gillen directly for more information.