Peace Recruitment is working with a well-known Housebuilder, assisting in their recruitment requirement for the role of a Buyer in the Edinburgh. Reporting to the Commercial Manager and you be charged with managing the materials & plant purchasing process on multiple sites. This role would appeal experienced buyers as well as any assistant buyers looking to take the next step in their career.
- Placing orders with national and general suppliers.
- Attending meetings.
- Optimising cost and quality.
- Producing cost schedules and budgets.
- Confirming technical drawings for discrepancies.
- Reporting changes in material costs.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Weekly site attendance to carry out checks.
- Organised with a keen attention to detail.
- Data interpretation.
- Can work independently, providing high quality work.
- Strong IT skills
- Able to utilise their communication skills to build internal and external relationships, both in person and over the phone.
In return the company provides an excellent remuneration package, including car allowance, pension and consistent bonus scheme. To apply for this position, click on the link below or contact John Gillen directly for more information.