Chartered Building Surveyor
Peace Recruitment have been given a fantastic opportunity to recruit on behalf of one of our prestigious multi-disciplinary private practice clients based in Glasgow, through several large framework appointments they are recruiting a Chartered or Senior Chartered Building Surveyor.
The workload will be extremely varied and cross-sector spanning both private and public sectors.
The successful candidate will be fully supported and trained to form an effective part of the wider Building Surveying team management, with full autonomy over their own workload, plus management responsibilities for junior staff. Strong inter personal skills, time and workload management skills are required - along with flexibility in approach.
Required from candidate:
- BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying, accredited by RICS
- Chartered Membership of RICS in Building Surveying
- Experience in private practice desirable
- IT skills; Word, Excel, Project, Autocad
- Ability to prioritise workload, react to changing circumstances and work with others
- Experience in construction quality monitoring and dilapidations desirable, but not essential
- Good written and graphic skills
Workload (Chartered level):
- Full spectrum of professional services expected of a Building Surveyor in private practice
- Client facing
- Opportunity to lead, manage and train junior staff
- Blend of survey and project work
- Condition surveys, pre-acquisition due diligence, defect analysis and reporting
- Dilapidations services - for Landlord and Tenant, plus liability assessments
- Full training and support to undertake NEC Supervisor services in support of the broader in-house team
- Contract administration
- Statutory applications
- Design and specification
- Assisting senior staff
- Management of projects including backlog maintenance, lifecycle replacement, fit out and external repairs
Workload (Senior Surveyor applicants)
- The above, plus:
- Exposure to fee proposal and bid preparation
- Daily management of junior staff
- Co-ordination of sub-consultants
- Input to bid writing and business management
- Business development and networking opportunities
Apply without delay with your CV or call Lewis Potter for more information.