Edinburgh or Glasgow
£55,000 - £65,000
Peace Recruitment are excited to be working alongside a highly regarded main contractor to recruit a Contracts Manager for projects in Scotland.
In this role your ability to plan and see the “bigger picture” is vital. You will take projects from tender stage to pre-construction delivery whilst overseeing construction projects from conception to completion. You will be expected to review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
You will oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations. This will involve coordinating and directing various construction workers and subcontractors.
Duties will include:
- Planning construction projects and overseeing the progress during the various stages.
- Responsible for budgeting, organisation, implementation and scheduling of the projects
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Able to work under pressure in a calm manner and have the appropriate people skills for this level role
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
In addition to a generous salary (£55,000 - £65,000), a fantastic package which includes healthcare, pension & car allowance is on offer for the successful candidate.
For more information and a confidential chat, please ring me direct on 0131 443 0639.