Civil & Structural
Peace Recruitment are delighted to be working on behalf of a large main contractor to recruit a Design Engineer. This project is a multi-million pound project based in the Aberdeen area.
The project is already underway and expected completion is summer 2020.
- Managing design activities for Maritime Works
- Monitoring of design activities carried out by the Design Consultants and associated checking activities to ensure compliance with the Contract programme
- Ensuring that Permanent Works design is carried out in compliance with the requirements of the Contract and the requirements.
- Coordination of design with the Design Consultant(s), Checkers and AHEP Departments as necessary (e.g. Engineering Department, Construction Department) in relation to a specific Discipline
- Review of design prior to submission for review (to checkers, 3rd parties and the Employer)
- Ensuring that Design Certificates, Design Checking Certificates, Road Safety Audit Certificates and Consultation Certificates (obtained by 3rd Party Consultation Coordinator) are provided and included in submission packages to the Project Manager over as necessary
- Ensure that technical queries are responded by the different design team leaders and are properly recorded
- Ensure that MAR for any permanent work are responded
- Ensuring that the relevant design elements are sent to the Project Manager, Principal Designer and review teams as per the Distribution Matrix
- Ensure weekly reporting to the planning department in relation to Permanent Works
- Ensure that Design Risk Assessments are in place
- Responsible for reviewing design for Breakwaters Caissons closed quays structure, SEP-NBW Connection, Southern Shore, Modelling, Miscellaneous( scour, ladders, fenders, AtoN, buoys)
- Produce Technical Reports for Management
The ideal candidate will come from a Civil Engineering background have experience of Maritime works including Quays, Dredging works and Concrete Structures.
Experience in NEC contracts and Design and build projects is advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates to be part of a major project. A competitive salary plus benefits is on offer to the successful candidate.
For more information and a confidential chat, please call Martin Kerr direct on 0131 516 9858