£Competitive salary + benefits
Are you currently a Design Manager but it’s not everything you hoped for or were promised? Do you feel like you have hit a ceiling in your current role? Or maybe you’re just looking for a change in the New Year. My client are looking for an ambitious and motivated Design Manager with previous experience working on delivery in the pre-construction market.
You will be working with one of the UK’s largest and most prestigious infrastructure and support services companies on some of the most exciting projects in the current market.
As design manager you will have many responsibilities including:
- Managing the development of all contractor design within projects.
- Have a strong knowledge of all design and build procedures.
- Ensuring that projects are running on time and on budget.
- Identifying and escalating and risk issues to Senior Management
- Co-ordinating external design teams with the Design team.
- Developing and finalising various works packages.
- Attending and chairing sub-contractor design meetings and producing minutes as needed.
- Providing internal and external site performance reports covering design, design development, risk and procurement/off site manufacture.
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- Degree qualified preferably in a construction related subject.
- Extensive experience in a similar Design Manager role.
- Membership of a professional body.
- Experience managing high value contracts
- SMSTS and CSCS cards are essential for this role.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in finding out more about please get in contact with Sarah Hobson at Peace Recruitment.