Direct Labour Manager
Our client is a construction and infrastructure contractor with numerous divisions covering all aspects of construction UK wide.
Their new build social housing division has an opportunity for someone who has a strong trades background (ideally within joinery) and strong supervisory skills/ experience.
You will cover a handful of sites predominantly in the Edinburgh area and oversee trades accordingly.
You will be responsible for
- Managing joinery and other trade/labour operatives effectively
- Ensuring that all joinery work is carried out to the required standard and programme efficiently
- Carrying out quality checks on a daily basis, final inspections and sign-off works as complete
- Inspecting work in progress
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees/subcontractors while working in
Requirements for the role
- Significant experience in the construction industry, supervising joiners and bricklayers
- Valid CSCS card
- Certified in SMSTS via CITB
- Competent in Health and Safety practise
- First aid trained
- The ability to build and develop relationship with all internal and external customers
- Computer literate including use of Word, Excel and email
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
Please contact Linsey at Peace Recruitment on 0131 516 3374 for further information!