Electrical Design Engineer - Consultancy
Up to £38k DOE
Building Services (M&E)
Electrical Design Engineer – Glasgow – Salary up to £38k DOE. WFH with Flexible Working
Peace recruitment is working with one of the most progressive and diverse design solutions firms in the UK. The client work for a wide range of sectors across the built environment. We are assisting their search for an Electrical Design engineer to join their growing team in Glasgow.
The client has a long standing involvement with low-energy design solutions. There are a number of their projects running off of local renewable energy equipped with state of the art low energy features. The company whilst focused on renewable energy are also competent at improving orientation and fabrics of potential sites to optimise thermal insulation in a more cost efficient manner.
- Work alongside senior engineers to develop detailed outlines of M&E building services requirements and product reports which clearly demonstrate client needs.
- Conduct options appraisal and produce reports
- Liaise with wider design team to ensure whole project suits client needs.
- Produce outline design, scheme design and detailed design reports including drawings and specification
- Help ensure most accurate contractors are selected to deliver the project on behalf of the client.
- Ensure successful completion of physical construction of project by overseeing on-site activity to ensure progress and quality.
- Advise on operating and maintenance manuals produced by contractors to support services installed.
- Ensure effective handover of project from contractor.
- Ensure final construction meets agreed requirements and design intent.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Strong personable skills able to lead a team of engineers
- Graduate qualification in an engineering subject with ability to progress to chartered.
- Experience of intricate construction projects.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge of modelling techniques such as AutoCAD, IES, NBS, Cable Design, Lighting Design and lift traffic analysis.
- Chartered or working towards is desirable.
- Multidisciplinary knowledge of Mechanical Systems.
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems.