Electrical Engineer - Consultancy
Building Services (M&E)
Electrical Engineer – Central Belt/with flexible working and WFH
Peace Recruitment are working closely to fulfill an exciting vacancy with a client with a progressive and diverse company. The company boast a wealth of experience in contemporary projects with state-of-the-art technology being at the forefront of their endeavours.
This Engineering firm is looking for an Electrical Engineer who would thrive in an environment where they are surrounded by existing knowledgeable and long serving staff with strong focus on synergy between clients and design engineers. If you would thrive in a team with knowledgeable seniors and keen young members rising through the ranks then you should look no further.
Testament to the company's reliability, quality of work and consistent service some 75% of their projects come from repeat business.
The position offers current and continued opportunity to work from home being based at the Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
- Working under a project leader being accountable for the electrical services design development with respect to the objectives of the project.
- Work competently on an individual basis whilst synergising with the wider team and relaying information efficiently to senior staff.
- Communicating directly with clients and design team members contributing to meetings.
- Perform preparation work for calculations and comprehensive design attributed to M&E construction projects.
- Organise and efficiently manage time to support own workload and be able to assist technicians to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Produce concept and preliminary engineering solutions for design as well as technical reports, documents and specifications.
- Build rapport with other design team members
- Experience in electrical services design on a range of projects.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge of industry software such as Dialux, IES, Hevacomp etc.
- Knowledge working to industry standards ISO9001, ISO14001 and BS OHSAS 18001.
- On track for or being degree qualified and working towards CIBSE membership.
- 5 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Full UK driving license
- Able to do overtime as and when required.
- Prepared to travel within the UK. May involve early starts/late finishes and occasional overnight stay.