Electrical / Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Building Services (M&E)
Electrical / Senior Electrical Design Engineer Edinburgh or Glasgow Based with Flexible Working Salary £DOE
Peace recruitment are excited to announce an opportunity to work alongside a coveted client of ours. The client are experts in optimising building performance and promoting sustainable development for a range of building types. They possess an in-depth interdisciplinary knowledge of engineering design to commandeer projects which deliver throughout its whole lifecycle. The company possess an astute knowledge of BIM software to help deliver construction projects by means of digital engineering. Our client is looking for a technically competent electrical engineer to join the ever-growing team ahead of what is shaping up to be a very exciting time for the company. If you want to develop your career and get the chance to work on some of the most exciting projects in the country then look no further as this is the role for you.
- Communicating with internal and external team members efficiently.
- Carrying out surveys of existing installations.
- Industrial knowledge of legislation, standards and regulations and technology.
- Attending and representing the company at project and design meetings.
- Produce electrical drawings, calculations and reports using the relevant software e.g. Dialux, Revit, Hevacomp, IES.
- Mentor more junior members of staff aiding their development.
- Contribution to BREAAM or equivalent legislation.
- Support senior/associate engineers and management.
- Assist with the handover to the contractor.
- Help with selection of the contractor to deliver project on behalf of the client.
- Liaise with lead support engineers to ensure designs are completed to expected quality
- HNC/HND Qualified in relevant field. Degree qualified preferable.
- Competent in use of AutoCAD and understanding of Revit.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- 3+ years of experience working in a building services design consultancy.
- Studying towards chartership in relevant field eg CIBSE.
- Able to contribute to quality checking of the work of trainee staff.