Water & Environmental
Due to a recent internal transfer, Peace Recruitment are currently working with a Tier One civils contractor to recruit a Estimating/Proposal Manager to join their business in Glasgow.
The Estimating/Proposals Manager shall have responsibility for the overall coordination and management of the projects. Principal duties include:
- Working with the Ops and Project Managers, ensure that each project’s deliverables align with the requirements of the client and key milestones.
- Managing the Governance timetable
- Refining the commercial model for pricing of projects and ensure consistency with the delivery strategy.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification, design development stage and buildability phases.
- Establish rigorous and cost-effective option analysis processes to maintain momentum resulting in positive outcomes.
- Working closely with the Pre-Construction Delivery Teams, you will establish a process to ensure that projects are handed over effectively to the Delivery Teams. This would include the delivery plan, budget controls and agreed programme and execution methodology that has been developed during the Pre-Construction phase.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to build relationships and ensure effective support of the Plan and Prepare Project development activities.
- Ensure sustainable opportunity in delivery estimates to bring the required efficiencies across our operations.
The successful candidate will manage an integrated estimating team which will include between 5 and 8 direct reports and will need to have a proven track record of effective staff development and employee relations experience. For more information on this role and a confidential chat, please call John Gillen.