Graduate Structural Engineer
£22,000 - £28,000
Civil & Structural
I am now looking to speak with Graduate Structural Engineer’s, with at least 2/3 years professional experience, have a recognised engineering degree and be a registered member of the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers.
This is for my Ayrshire based, Tier 1 consultancy, who have several offices across the UK.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Due to my client’s ongoing success, they have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Graduate Structural Engineer to accompany my client’s team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
You will be responsible for liaising with clients and other construction professionals throughout the design and construction process, while simultaneously working closely with the team. An important part of your role will be mentoring and supervising Technicians and supporting senior engineers carrying out the project design.
- Good knowledge of preparing structural design calculations
- It is essential you have a sound knowledge of masonry, concrete, steel, timber design
- Understanding of external works and their design will be an essential prerequisite
- You must be familiar with UK and Euro design codes is expected
- Have an applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition
- Must be conversant with AutoCAD and Autodesk REVIT, however training will be provided to supplement existing skills
- Experience of Tekla structural designer and Revit is desirable but not essential
- Passion and drive for Engineering
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition
- Capable of dealing with a variety of issues, may need some supervision
Please call me on 0131 516 9858 to discuss this position in more depth.