Healthy & Safety Manager
£42,000 - £55,000
Health & Safety/CDM
Peace Recruitment are thrilled to be recruiting a Health & Safety Manager on behalf of a medium sized, family owned Scottish contractor.
Based in Glasgow, you will be working out of one of the offices they have in the central belt, covering sites across Scotland.
Due to a rise in workload they are keen to bring in an experienced Health & Safety Manager to oversee sites across Scotland.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of experience in Health & Safety within the construction sector and have experience of social housing, social housing upgrades and general construction projects.
Duties to include;
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all regulations and legislations
- Ensuring the sub-contractors are compliant and working safely at all times
- Carry out relevant risk assessments – this include fire risk/fire prevention, COSHH and manual handling
- Manage all occupational health and safety surveys
- Manage all training and roll out new training when required
- Complete prevention inspections on a weekly basis as required
- Carry out site audits of health & safety paperwork to ensure site is compliant
- Report any risks and non-compliances to senior management team and resolve accordingly
- Work alongside site managers and staff to document any issues which arise onsite
- Carrying out full accident investigations if required
- Attend pre-start meetings with sub-contractors and outline requirements from a health & safety point of view.
- Ensure company meets obligations under all safety regulations
- Review projects at all stages from a health & safety perspective and work alongside site staff to ensure sites are delivered on time.
The successful candidate will also hold:
- Strong Health & Safety background in construction
- First Aid (Basic)
- General NEBOSH Certificate