Lead Town Planner
£40000 - £50000+ DOE
A multi award winning, extremely reputable organisation who have one of the best reputations in the industry have an exciting opportunity for a town planning lead to join their central belt office in Scotland.
This practice have been implementing a number of exciting changes recently and this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Town Planner to come in and take the reins in order to drive the practice and it’s standards forward.
Daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- processing major planning applications concisely, accurately and in a timely manner
- undertaking pre application discussions on major proposals
- preparing and presenting evidence on appeals
- negotiating with applicants and agents to obtain a high quality outcome
- positively supporting and sharing your knowledge with your team
- getting involved with service improvements to make your team as effective and efficient as possible.
- Experience working autonomously is essential – it is a small team in place and so it is essential you are comfortable taking the lead and liaising with clients on a day to day basis.
What do you need for this role?
- MRTPI or working towards membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- relevant experience as a Town Planner working in either the private or public sector.
- the ability to manage your own time and meet challenging deadlines
- excellent knowledge, understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation
In return you will get the opportunity to work with a market leading organisation who have some extremely exciting projects currently in their pipeline. There are also excellent career progression opportunities on offer within this organisation.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in hearing more about get in touch with Sarah Hobson at Peace Recruitment.