Dependent Upon Experience
Peace Recruitment is working with one of Scotland’s busiest contractors, who specialise in the affordable housebuilding sector. They are looking to recruit a Materials Buyer, to be based in their Scottish headquarters and support their Scottish business.
Reporting to the construction director and liaising with the procurement team south of the border, this role proves the right candidate with relative autonomy in Scotland.
Key Requirements of the Role:-
- Purchase the raw materials to achieve the best value within agreed timescales, to support the project teams
- Provide technical and pro-active support and advice to the construction teams
- Provide and maintain accurate buying reports
- Develop effective relationships with key supply chain members and strive for continuous improvement
- Material scheduling/takeoffs
- Advising on specification and assisiting with Value Engineering
The Right Candidate:
- Will have proven experience of working within a construction procurement department
- Will possess sound product knowledge of the materials related to construction/housebuilding at both manufacturing and raw material stage
- Have proven experience of estimating and performing take-offs within a construction/housebuilding environment.
- Will have a systematic and methodical approach to procurement and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
A competitive package is on offer for the right candidate. To apply click on the link, or for confidential enquiries on this position, contact Nicola Monro directly.