Building Services (M&E)
My client is looking for an Mechanical & Electrical Technician, specialising in Electrical Inspection and Testing, to join our team based at our location in the Inverness (IV1) area of Scotland for a salary around £28,000.
This position is suitable for someone experienced in electrical inspection and testing of both domestic and industrial installations, who is used to working with their hands, has an aptitude for problem solving, and has a flexible and proactive approach to work.
Both in-house and external training is provided for familiarisation and role specific requirements and additional training could be available for the right candidate who does not meet all the relevant criteria.
This role will involve working outside ensuring that the customer experience is maximised by providing outstanding levels of customer service whilst maintaining a professional approach at all times. The M&E Technicians role is to contribute to the inspection, reporting, repair, conservation and improvement of existing mechanical and electrical systems.
Day to Day tasks for the role include:
- Working on your own and together in small teams with both modern equipment and historic structures, carrying out inspections and repairs relevant to your own trade to a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, civil and electrical assets.
- Assisting other trades, out with your own trade, in the work above where required.
- Working to NICEIC standards recording findings of inspections and updating maintenance records.
- Participate where agreed and required in the standby rota in order to support the delivery of customer service and deal with emergency situations as and when necessary.
- C&G 2391-50 & 2391-51 or C&G 2391-52 or equivalent is essential.
- C&G/SVQ or equivalent level 3 minimum, level 4 preferred in relative engineering discipline.
- HNC (or equivalent experience) in an Electrical discipline and/or relative work experience at technician level for minimum of 5 years.
- Completion of a recognised electrical apprenticeship
- C&G 2382-12 17th edition (Amd. 3) – Preferred.
- Full UK driving licence
- High level of Health & Safety awareness
- Must be able to work within a team environment and whilst lone working have the ability to judge safety and appropriateness of equipment and resources in line with defined standards and procedures
- Computer literate, experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Effective communication skills and a high level of awareness in respect of customer service levels coupled with being able to co-operate with and support team members
- Experience of working on multi-disciplinary systems is preferred
- Positive and proactive approach to work
This is an exciting opportunity not to be missed!