Mechanical / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Consultancy
Competitve £30-55K DOE
Building Services (M&E)
Mechanical / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services Consultancy) Competitive Salary £DOE with WFH
Peace recruitment are offering an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate to senior level Mechanical Design Engineer within a client looking to grow their Edinburgh team. The client have offices in multiple cities within the UK and worldwide. The company take pride in their exemplary track record of Mechanical and Electrical Design Consultancy. They have a strong focus on sustainability and a collaborative ethos perfect for developing your skills to take your career to the next stage.
The building services team offer a proactive approach towards skill development and are keen to progress people within their company with fantastic mentoring from world leading expertise.
The position is currently remote working from the Edinburgh office and look to retain a flexible working approach but with three days office work.
The company work across a variety of sectors including government, healthcare, defence and residential to name but a few.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines liaising to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Overseeing and producing innovative design solutions.
- Preparing CDM documentation, project reports and specifications.
- Strong communication skills to understand the exact demands of the project.
- Experience in a mechanical engineering role within a building services context (HVAC systems etc.)
- Work competently on an individual basis whilst synergising with the wider team and relaying information efficiently to senior staff.
- Organise and efficiently manage time to support own workload and be able to assist technicians to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Mentoring of less experienced team members
- Well-versed with the relevant software e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Hevacomp, IES etc
- Experience in maintaining and growing client relationships being able to communicate with them directly.
- Proactively working towards achieving chartered status with relevant professional institution
- Experience dealing with low-carbon emission projects
- Degree in relevant field e.g. Mechanical or Building Services Engineering (BEng/MEng or equivalent.)
- Eligibility to work in the UK.