Mechanical / Senior Mechanical Engineer - Consultancy
Building Services (M&E)
Mechanical / Senior Mechanical Engineer – Central Belt/with flexible working and WFH
Peace Recruitment is excited to offer a role with a forward thinking company which places a strong focus on sustainable, low energy design. If being part of a multi-disciplined team working on a variety of construction projects across the industry sounds appealing then this job is for you.
This Mechanical and Electrical Building Services Engineering practice wish to grow their team with the addition of a Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking to further their career with a respected, growing and progressive building services practice. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills and prioritises building strong relationship between client and company. The company takes pride in its progressive attitude towards sustainability meaning projects will have a focus on decreased energy consumption and carbon emissions.
The position offers current and continued opportunity to work from home being based at the Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
- Working under a project leader being accountable for the mechanical services design development with respect to the objectives of the project.
- Work competently on an individual basis whilst collaborating with the wider team and relaying information efficiently to senior staff.
- Communicating directly with clients and design team members contributing to meetings.
- Perform preparation work for calculations and comprehensive design attributed to M&E construction projects.
- Organise and efficiently manage time to support own workload and be able to assist technicians to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Produce concept and preliminary engineering solutions for design as well as technical reports, documents and specifications.
- Build rapport with other design team members, both face to face and virtually
- Experience in mechanical services design on a range of projects from a design consultancy
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge of industry software such as NBS, IES, Hevacomp etc.
- Ideally qualified or working towards CIBSE membership.
- Circa 5 years’+ experience in relevant field.
- Full UK driving license
- Strong work ethic to ensure programme delivery
- Prepared to travel within the UK (if Covid allowing). May involve early starts/late finishes and occasional overnight stay.