Peace Recruitment are working with a busy utilities and civil engineering contractor to source a Planning Manager (Microsoft Project) for their Glasgow Office. Working as part of their growing team, this company has a strong presence throughout the UK and specifically the utility sector in Scotland.
Reporting to the senior management staff, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain and liaise regular progress reviews and updates with project teams to ensure robust tracking of key activities and milestones, identify variances from schedule and warning signs and ensure early actions are taken as necessary
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure that the project plans are regularly updated and reflect accurate information and to keep them informed at all times
- Preparing tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting documentation
- Liaising with estimators, designers and specialist sub-contractors as necessary
- Providing on-going support to site and design teams to review progress or update programmes as necessary
- Prepare progress reports from gathering information from the construction teams
You will be required, where necessary, to visit sites and inspect projects with the operations team to monitor/report on site progress and also carry out site visits/reports for tender programmes.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to use project planning software (MS Project) and office based packages i.e. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is essential
- Good knowledge of utilities and civil engineering project techniques and methodology
- The ability to lead and direct the development of the project plan
- Ability to analyse complex data (quantitative and qualitative), draw conclusions and produce solutions and decisions, and produce reports
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and of contractual matters
To apply for this position, click on the link below. For a confidential discussion on this, or any other planning positions Peace Recruitment are working on, contact John Gillen directly on 0131 510 0304.