Procurement /Finance Manager
£30 -£35 per hour
Peace Recruitment is currently working closely with one of the public sector organisations in the central belt to help secure an experienced construction Procurement / Finance manager. I am looking to speak candidates who would be interested in a temporary position to cover a period of maternity.
Qualifications / Training:
- Degree/SVQ4/HND in a construction related discipline
- Member of Chartered Institute of Building, Membership of RICS or relevant procurement professional body.
- Experience in a senior procurement role, preferably with in a Public sector organisation or local government.
- Proven track record of managing an undertaking large procurement projects
- Experience of managing cyclical maintenance contracts.
- Experience of procurement legislation, standards, procedures and relevant to local government
- Manage the successful delivery of an efficient and effective contracts support, ensuring compliance with Council Contract Standing Orders, legislation and financial regulations.
- Ensure advice is provided to senior managers and elected members on procurement issues reports relating to areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all works programmes, administrative functions and contract management activity (including procurement and financial monitoring) comply with the required standards.
- Provide advice and assistance on procuring resources required to meet programme deadlines
- Contribute to the review and revision of tasks and rates for work issued to the council’s partners to ensure value for money.
- Manage all aspects of the procurement activities and preparation of contract documentation and participate with managers in the procurement of works at the end of existing partnership arrangements.
For more information please forward you up to date CV to email@example.com or call me on 0131 516 3371