Peace Recruitment is working with one of Scotland’s busiest Architectural practices to source a project leading Architect for their office based in Glasgow. Projects include new build office blocks, schools, hospitals, student accommodation and large scale transportation projects. They are specifically looking for someone to join their transportation team so experience with this type of project in the UK would be highly desirable.
This opportunity will allow you to work with and help lead a team of knowledgeable Architects and Technicians, giving them the necessary support while simultaneously learning from them and developing your own skills in a senior role.
- Supporting the local team, the role will involve the preparation of detailed drawings. As you will be going in at a project leading level you will be the main port of call for more junior staff members who require assistance and guidance. There will also be support for you, however, in the relevant director.
- Ensure work is up to the high quality which has long been associated with this practice.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of a large variety of project types, as well as exhibiting good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for team and self-development.
Experience and responsibilities required from you:
- ARB Registered with considerable post-qualification experience in a private practice environment.
- Ability to work across all RIBA stages.
- Understanding of a variety of sectors, Healthcare, Commercial, Education, Residential, Industrial and, ideally, Transportation.
- Exceptional design skills.
- Experience working on site with contractors etc.
- Project leading experience.
- Feasibility studies.
- Experience working on large scale, high value projects in the UK.
- Competent in using BIM software such as Revit.
- Ability to work to often demanding deadlines
- An understanding of the full design process from inception to completion.
- The drive and enthusiasm to want to succeed and move up internally within the practice.
For further information on this position, please contact me on the following; Sarah.Hobson@peacerecruitment.co.uk or 0131 516 3350.