Project Quantity Surveyor
Up to £50k + car + pension (DOE)
Peace Recruitment is working with one of Scotland’s largest main contractors, to source a project Quantity Surveyor for their Edinburgh based team.
Reporting in to the business’s commercial manager, you will be working with one of the UK’s fastest growing companies. They have a projected turnover in Scotland of £46 million this year.
With a great support network from the senior management team, this role provides a QS with a relative amount of autonomy in their role. They don’t want a “shrinking violet”, they would like a project QS who is eager to stamp their mark on a project.
Key Requirements of the Role:
- Reviewing the ongoing design process to ensure budget requirements are adhered to
- Valuation of value engineering options and design changes
- Producing quantities / schedules for procurement of sub-contract packages
- Preparation and issuing of sub-contract documentation to sub-contractors
- Re-measurement of sub-contract works for valuations
- Reviewing and processing sub-contract payments
- Preparation of project interim valuations
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Attending meetings as required
- Preparation of contractual correspondence and notifications
- Valuation of variations in line with the Contract Conditions
- Negotiating variations with clients commercial team
- Keeping records and all documentation in line with company policies
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum HNC in a construction related discipline
- Demonstrable experience working as a project quantity surveyor on projects over £5million
- Experience of working for a main contractor
- Drivers Licence
All projects will be in the east of central Scotland and our client offer a car allowance, pension scheme as well as a competitive salary, based on your experience and expectations.
To apply for this position, click on the link below. For a confidential enquiry on the role, contact Nicola Monro directly on the number listed.