Project Quantity Surveyor
£35,000 - £45,000
Peace Recruitment are working with a newly established principal contractor, who deliver a mix of retail, commercial and fit-out projects up to the value of £5m. The business has already secured approx 75% of next year’s turnover and are actively recruiting a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. The business are keen to employ QS’s looking to become chartered, they have a sponsorship programme and the ability to mentor throughout the APC process.
The Project Surveyor role will be to assist in the production of accurate commercial reporting, cost controls and cash management for all project activity and operational processes.
Key Requirements of the role:
- Prepare monthly Cost Valuation Reconciliation Reports for all projects.
- Attend project progress meetings and provide updates to clients with projection of costs as required.
- Produce and submit valuations in accordance contractual requirements.
- Procurement of subcontract agreements to maximise project returns and ensure contract programmes and deadlines are achieved.
- Raise Invoice requests to Finance Department.
- Provide assistance to Contract Manager on contractual issues.
- Make regular site visits for collation of information for monthly valuation statements
- Evaluate variations and handle contractual correspondence.
- Submission and agreement of accurate final account applications with clients.
- Assessment of subcontractor valuations and agreement of final accounts including payment process.
- Undertake various contracts administration duties relating to the commercial running of projects.
- BSC Quantity Surveying
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook
- Proven experience of delivering projects up to the value of £5m
- You will require a driver’s license for this role.
In return apply for this position, please attach your CV using the link. To discuss the position in more detail, contact John Gillen directly on 0131 516 5805.