Peace Recruitment are currently working on behalf of a well-respected main contractor to recruit a Quality Manager on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be based from the Edinburgh office. Please note that travel is a part of this role and regular travel to offices and project sites will be required and overnight stays (Accommodation and expenses will be provided).
The successful candidate will have experience of the construction industry, most likely within an operations role and have a working knowledge of various ISO Standards and systems. For example – CHAS, ConstructionLine, PEFC Chain of Custody & Achilles.
Duties will include:
- Developing and managing a realistic programme of internal and external audit
- Attend and assist with any audits as required
- Managing submissions to external accreditation bodies
- Maintaining the various accreditations
- Organise and chair annual Management Review Meetings
- Enhance and develop internal systems in partnership with other departments to ensure the best possible results for projects on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to effectively work and communicate with site management staff right up to board level.
- Have experience of Compliance and Management systems at a senior level
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills
- Experience of auditing across a variety of systems
- Experience of transition of systems to meet the evolving ISO standards
- IT literate with MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with MS SharePoint
- Valid driving licence – role will require travel to various offices when required
- CSCS Card holder (Desirable)
- Experience of the Construction/Facilities Management industry (Desirable)
In return a competitive salary plus benefits will be on offer to the successful candidate.
For more information on the role and a confidential chat please ring Finleigh Wells on 0131 443 0639