Up to £40k
Peace Recruitment is working with a very busy multi-disciplined contractor, based in Edinburgh to source an experienced quantity surveyor for their busy team.
This company specialise in difficult access projects as well as multi trade projects and works across a number of sectors, including local authority, offshore, power and industrial.
The quantity surveyor would ideally have a background or experience in multi discipline projects and be confident in managing a number of projects concurrently.
Key Requirements of the Role:-
- Identifying, valuing and agreeing additional works and scope within projects and the preparation of re-rates. Raising and responding to contractual notices, early warning notices and negotiations with client / employer.
- Cost control, management, including preparing monthly cost and value, and cash flow reports. Preparing, negotiating and agreeing interim applications, valuations and final accounts including substantiation of claims for additional works, delays, disruptions and financing.
- Measuring and establishing liabilities for contracted works including agreement of measures and additional work items, responding to notices, agreeing and raising interim payments, agreeing final accounts and reporting liabilities. Commercial administration of contracts from enquiry stage through to interim payments, negotiations and settlement of final accounts.
- Upholding and enforcing compliance with company systems and best practice.
- Managing materials take-off, enquiries, negotiation and procurement.
- Maintaining accurate site records and measures.
Candidates should be degree qualified in a relevant discipline and sound commercial and contractual knowledge.
Highly competitive remuneration packages is offered for the above role, along with a company vehicle
To apply for this role, click on the link below. For a confidential discussion on this, or any other commercial positions Peace Recruitment are currently working on, contact Nicola Monro directly on 0131 510 0304.