Job Title – Quantity Surveyor
Job Type – Contract/Temp
Job Location – Edinburgh and Lothians Area
Job Rate – £28-£32 per hour (DOE)
Peace Recruitment is working with a large Public Sector organisation in the Edinburgh and Lothians area. They require a skilled Quantity Surveyor who also has Project Management experience. You will be involved with various projects including a school extension and refurbishment and new build housing developments. You will preferably be from a pre-construction background and be MRICS qualified.
The successful candidate will have;
· Ability to draft, manage and administer contracts; including instructions/ valuations/ payments/ final account.
· Ability to manage projects from inception to completion. This will include both Project Management and QS duties. Involvement of managing internal or external design teams.
· Experience in commercial, education and housing is desirable and public procurement knowledge is beneficial.
· Ability to motivate the team and to develop project programmes, striving to achieve them. Also be able to work within the constraints of a local authority and the restrictive procedural processes and legislation compliance involved and be able to keep a good audit trail.
· Due to remote undedicated admin support the candidate will also be expected to/ be able to address a variety of office administrative tasks in conjunction with the demands of the post
· Desirable skills – high level of IT competency expected, CSCS and MRICS qualified preferred but not essential if proven track record providing similar services can be demonstrated.
A full UK driving license is required and candidates are expected to have their own vehicle to allow travel to out of office meetings and site visits etc.
Contract to run 6 months initially (which shall be reviewed dependant on workload) with the potential to be extended.
For more information call Lucy Black directly on 0131 516 3857 or forward your up to date CV to Lucy.firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now