DOE + car/allowance + healthcare + pension
Peace Recruitment is working with a key contractor in Scotland to source a Quantity Surveyor for one of a number of affordable housing projects in the Fife area.
Working with a great senior team this role this role requires an experienced surveyor to carry out the following key duties:
- Maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation
- Liaise and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- Issue required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales
- Prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including preliminaries, monitor and report on same
- Prepare preliminary budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on the same
- Hold regular meetings to agree on variations and not leave these until final account stage
- Assist with estimating as and when required
- Manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance
- Attend progress meetings as necessary
- Assist the contracts manager securing labour, materials and sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Ideally, this role would suit a qualified quantity surveyor, who has worked in a similar sector for a number of years.
In addition to a competitive basic salary a car allowance, company pension scheme and health care (incl. Spouse) is available.