Peace Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our Glasgow based client for a Quantity Surveyor. Our client has a newly refurbished office that is within walking distance from the centre of Glasgow - it is also serviced with excellent transport links and there is limited free parking and off-street parking available.
This is a unique opportunity to work with dynamic and friendly engineering group that have approx. 100+ staff over 2-3 sites, a strong work ethic and with a very good working environment.
The role is to support the existing Project Management team due to the volume of work that the team has to manage and the recognition that a dedicated cost control function is required.
Our client is expanding into new markets and looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team to supplement the skills and experience of the existing projects team. The successful candidate will be working closely with our Project Managers and Project Engineers to ensure successful deliver of major steelwork design and fabrication projects. The main aim of the role would be to act as a cost controller for the projects, to ensure that project changes are captured and billed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures all costs in projects tracked
- Manage variations to the budget
- Price changes including going to suppliers for quotes
- Invoicing (incoming and outgoing)
- Ensuring outgoing invoices are sent out in timely manner
- Verifying incoming invoices from suppliers
- Credit control (chasing up unpaid invoices/unapproved PO's)
- Recording man-hours against budget
- Feed back into estimating team
- To have a working knowledge of the company QAHSE system and following it's requirements
- Capture all variations to project budget
- Keep Project Manager informed of all commercial concerns
- Ensure invoices are correct and go out in a timely manner
- Meet the client's needs and maintain good communication links
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Approx. 4 years minimum experience
- Technical Understanding - the role requires a basic understanding of the concepts of steelwork design and fabrication
- Diligent - delivery of projects is reliant on staff being responsible and ensuring their tasks are carried out properly and on time
- Competency in Microsoft Office - project work includes the extensive use of Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Numeracy - dealing with invoices, quotes and expenses requires a good standard of numeracy
- Clean Driver's License - required for attending meetings and site work
Preferred Training/Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience as a cost controller in these types of projects
You can expect to be performing the responsibilities of this job in an office environment for the majority of the time.
All necessary PPE and training will be provided by the company before you are asked to work in high risk environments.
- Salary negotiable
- Relocation Expenses may be appropriate
- Pension (7% after probation)
- 25 days paid leave pa (excl bank/public holidays)
- Annual Bonus based on % of the company profit for the preceding financial year. Additional bonus payments purely at discretion of directors.
- Annual salary reviews
- Landmark Office & friendly environment - excellent on site staff facilities (canteen, climbing wall, games etc)
Apply with your CV now or give Lewis Potter a call to discuss further.Apply Now