Peace Recruitment is working with one of the UK’s high quality housebuilders to source an experienced quantity surveyor for their Edinburgh team.
Working on high-profile developments in an around Edinburgh, you will manage 2/3 sites in the Edinburgh area and will run they sites as you see fit, there is no micromanagement. Their aim is for their commercial team to act as true developer and make the commercial decisions; they want someone who can question, value engineer and realise value for money for their sites.
You’ll already be qualified to HNC/BSc level and demonstrate a talent for budget control and valuation. It’s just as important that you can keep your projects on track, with the confidence and initiative to identify and solve problems and drive productivity, and the ability to communicate your ideas clearly and persuasively.
Key Requirements of the Role
· Carrying out accurate build assessments of acquired land
· Maintain budget control throughout developments
· Manage procurement of trade packages and oversee sub-contract ordering
· Production of monthly CVR Reports for each site
· Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors
· Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions
· Liaising with site personnel and sub-contractors in order to maximise productivity
· Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and goods and materials
· Regular coordination and reporting to Commercial Director / Commercial Manager with all commercial aspects of the business
In return the company provides an excellent remuneration package, including car/allowance, pension and bonus scheme, dependent upon experience.
To apply for this position, click on the link below. For a confidential discussion on commercial positions in Scotland, contact John Gillen directly on the details below.Apply Now