My client, a specialist contractor within the construction industry has asked Peace Recruitment to source a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
This role will be responsible for providing cost management on projects within the Central Belt and Glasgow up to the value of £25 million.
- Maintain commercial control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to the Commercial Manager on all significant debtors
- Price and effectively agree project variations
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation
- Place subcontract orders
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare weekly/monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation
- Valuation of the subcontract works and the issuing of the payment notices and pay less notices
- Agree subcontract final accounts
Relevant experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-4 years' experience
- Ideally subcontractor experience however main contractor/civils backgrounds will be considered
- Ability to manage costs on multiple projects at a time
For more information and a confidential chat, please speak to John Gillen for further details.