Quantity Surveyor (main contractor)
Competitive salary (doe) + car allowance +
Peace Recruitment is currently working with one of Scotland’s top main contractors to source a quantity surveyor for their team, who oversee a number of large main contracting projects in the east of Scotland.
Reporting to the commercial manager, the key requirements of the role include:-
- Maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on cost/value reconciliation.
- Prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades, including preliminaries.
- Ensure tenders are accurate and delivered on time
- Ensure regular meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage
- Assist in securing labour, materials and sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time within budget.
- Liaise and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised.
What are they looking for?
- Minimum HND in Quantity Surveying or relevant construction discipline
- Proven experience within the construction sector
- Knowledge of Budget Compilation & management
- IT literacy in Word/Excel/Powerpoint & Email