Senior Chartered Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
Peace Recruitment is working exclusively with a top global property consultancy in their search for a Senior Chartered Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis for their Glasgow office. They are known for delivering some of the world’s most iconic projects, with over 70 offices around the globe.
Our client is looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Cost Manager to work on high profile projects in the retail, industrial, university and commercial sectors.
You will be responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations and maintenance works – from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
- Cost planning.
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
- Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process, including designing tender marking schemes.
- Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Settling final accounts.
- Providing technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects.
- Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
Skills and Experience required:
- Cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
- Knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and planning.
- Cohesive knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Practical knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
- Organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent problem, negotiating, finance and numeracy management skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BSc (Hon) in Quantity Surveying
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
- Salary up to £65,000 DOE
- A contributory pension schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Holiday option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
Apply without delay or contact Lewis Potter at Peace Recruitment for more details on 0131 506 8908 or firstname.lastname@example.org