Senior Engineer (Civil/Structural)
£40,000 - £45,000 DOE
Civil & Structural
Are you chartered, or near chartered and looking for a new opportunity to develop your career?
My central Scotland based client are looking for Chartered and Incorporated Engineers to strengthen their engineering team. You will provide clients with complete design and consultancy services, while developing solutions from concept through to detailed design.
The ideal candidate will have oil & gas experience and the following; Concrete, Piling and Pipelines design experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and challenging environment, where new and unusual projects are the norm and your usual day could consist of:
- Assisting the management and co-ordination of workload and resource requirements for projects
- Leading engineering project teams, ensuring that project deliverables are on target
- Financial management of projects
- Assist the Associates and Directors in identifying new business opportunities
- Developing effective solutions to suit client requirements
- Producing preliminary and detailed designs in conjunction with the client, consultants and other stakeholders
- Liaise directly with clients and assist them in achieving their aspirations
- Mentor and provide direction to other Engineers, graduates and technicians
- Produce designed deliverables to a high level of quality ensuring that all design work meets with the relevant technical and quality standards
- Co-ordinate designs with both internal design teams and other design contractors/vendors
- Assist with commercial bids and the production of tender documentation
- Review and check designs and drawings
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR….
- Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering, with at least 5 years post qualification relevant experience
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Experience of all stages of the design and construction process
- Experience of site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors
- Experience of working to tight time scales and managing multiple projects at any one time from feasibility to completion
- Excellent technical ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications including writing clear and precise technical reports
- Experience in oil and gas