Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? My client is the place to be.
I am currently looking for a talented and motivated Senior Engineer to join my clients Edinburgh team. It is imperative that you have Bridge Design experience for this position.
In this role you'll be responsible for;
• To work in both supervised and unsupervised environments that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and carried out in accordance within agreed timescales and within agreed budgets and in full compliance with the Company's IMS taking cognisance of H&S legislation requirements.
• Report to Line Manager and to appropriate team leader on technical issues associated with project work.
• To be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role.
• To provide technical guidance and training to junior staff and to assist the mentoring and development of staff.
• To be capable of working their own initiative, with minimal supervision.
• Undertake and lead the design services supporting the Development team (with particular reference to approval/construction/tender issue information and accuracy thereof). This will include the production of design packages for concept, construction, regulatory approvals, tender and detailed designs. Designing work includes Roads /Road Construction Consents; Drainage/ Drainage Technical Approvals; Earthworks/ Ground modelling; Interfacing with development stakeholders; and Development levels; integrating design strands.
• Site supervision / Resident Engineer supervision (as appropriate). Assisting with contractual administration, Measurement & Certification.
• Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
• Must have qualification in Civil Engineering, Degree qualification preferred, HND, HNC also considered depending on experience.
• Should be in receipt of a recognised professional qualifications or be working towards an application within a defined timescale.
Candidate with a lesser or greater degree of experience will be considered.
• Good organisational and project management skills required to support multiple live projects.
• Knowledge and experience in residential sector an advantage
• Competence in ACAD, PDS and ground modelling software packages
• Familiar with local road and Scottish Water standards
• Competence WinDes software
• Ability to mentor and develop junior staff
• Experience of development schemes (Brownfield and greenfield sites)
• Civil infrastructure design experience with good technical knowledge within own expertise area
• Multi-disciplinary experience
• Experience of statutory or third party approvals
• Knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental standards
What's in it for you?
A competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday and pension.
An open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to develop and shape tomorrow’s communities by being a trusted consultant to our customers. We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
For a detailed discussion on both this position and my client, then please do call me directly on; 0131 516 9858