Senior FM Technician
This is a great opportunity to become part of a market leading Facilities Management arm of a national Main Contractor. My client is looking to add a Senior FM Technician to their team at a campus in the Edinburgh area, who will be required to co-ordinate all maintenance activities within the campus to ensure a cost effective, client focused service.
This is not the typical maintenance role which comes onto the market every day, as you will be located at a campus. This prestigious site boasts a range of exciting facilities and houses thousands of individuals daily.
About the role:
- Work towards both company and individual goals by ensuring all planned maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance is carried out to the high standard expected from the client. This will include supporting the other technicians and staff, offering mentoring and experience where necessary.
- Working innovatively and effectively while adhering to the Health & Safety standards and in accordance with the contract KPI’s to complete all tasks in targeted time scales.
- Monitoring staff and subcontractors, including any necessary training, documentation, inspections, and organising day to day activity.
Am I suitable?
- You will be able to display experience across both mechanical and electrical maintenance, testing and fault finding across a wide range of equipment such as – air conditioning, plumbing, heating, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, small power and lighting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are key. You will be regularly interacting with other technicians, staff, as well as being client facing.
- The ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a professional and safety conscious attitude.
- Experience of working in an educational institution would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you are a maintenance technician and believe this to be the next step in your career, please apply now as I do not expect this opportunity to be live for long!
For further details please get in touch directly for a confidential discussion.