Senior Health and Safety consultant
Edinburgh or Glasgow
Health & Safety/CDM
Peace Recruitment are delighted to be working alongside a leading consultancy who are looking to source a Senior Health and Safety Consultant to join their team in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
This is a Senior post so they are looking for someone to come in with a wealth of experience in Construction CDM to assist with a high level of work which they currently have in progress and in their pipeline for 2019. The role is predominantly based on the delivery of CDM services, although experience with other health and safety disciplines would be an advantage. This role will cover a number of sectors including: property, industrial and education.
As a Senior Health and Safety consultant your duties will include:
- Providing Health and Safety services on both independent commissions and also to complement their wider project delivery services.
- Production of pre-construction information, files and other associated CDM documents
- Ensuring Designer Compliance
- Reviewing contractors documentation
- Interfacing with clients and design teams on project basis.
- Advise clients on procurement options and consultant appointment issues.
- Proactive in business development of the services within the region.
So what do you need for this role?
- Chartered/professional qualification in design or construction.
- NEBOSH Qualified (minimum construction certificate)
- Preferable member of APS/IOSH
- Experience in a similar role.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of MS office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the component parts of CDM2015 and other Health and Safety issues.
- Working knowledge of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- H+S training capability may be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with clients at a strategic/operation level and managing the relationships effectively.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary and pension package. There are also multiple benefits which you will be able to utilise while working with this company including but not limited to:
- flexible holiday scheme which works alongside an already generous annual leave entitlement
- charity donations scheme
- Childcare vouchers if you are already receiving these
- Company Car
- Dental insurance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would be interested in discussing further please get in contact with Sarah at Peace Recruitment.