Senior Logistics Officer
£16 – 18 per hour
Peace Recruitment is looking for a Senior Logistics Officer for a long term, temporary role based in Edinburgh.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will have the responsibility for overseeing the logistics team based on site in the Leith area of Edinburgh.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that local businesses can continue to operate as normal during the delivery of the project. In addition, you will be expected to deliver excellent levels of customer service to all stakeholders, including members of the public, near the allocated section of works.
- The key area of responsibility will be to engage with the public, business representatives and delivery drivers. To act as a customer service/way finding officer for members of the public, assisting people to navigate the traffic management and site boundary.
- Supervising the Logistics Officers
- Attending regular briefings to maintain detailed knowledge of construction plans affecting local businesses adjacent to their geographic area of work and ensuring the information is shared with the Logistics Officers
- To aid deliveries to local businesses and, where necessary, receive goods from delivery drivers, temporarily store and subsequently deliver goods to business premises, keeping an accurate record of goods in transit.
- Be a point of contact and a source of information to members of the public, businesses and delivery drivers, keeping a record of key discussions and complaints/compliments received.
- Watching and banking delivery vehicle, ensuring safe access and egress.
- Offering Support to members of the public and local businesses in a proactive manner, dealing with potential issues before they happen
- Act in compliance for safe working practices
- Covering breaks and ensuring nowhere left unmanned
The right candidate will have experience working in a similar customer service role and will be able to demonstrate the below key competencies.
- To be helpful and polite
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate common sense
- Team work
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 3:00pm
(Hours may change on occasion to suit operational requirements)
This is an ongoing, temporary contract for the duration of the project.
Successful candidates will be trained on the below tickets:
- Manual handling
- Traffic Marshall (banksman)
- Customer service
For more information, please call Alison Blake on 0131 516 6560 or drop me an email with your most up to date CV and I will be in touch.