Senior Quantity surveyor
Competitive salary + benefits
Peace Recruitment is working with one of the UK’s leading contractors, to source a senior quantity surveyor for one of a number of large projects.
With their head office based in Motherwell and continued growth in and around the Edinburgh region they are looking for a senior quantity surveyor to join there large commercial team, and to operate in Edinburgh predominately.
They are currently looking for a candidate who is looking to progress in their career through adding value to the business.
What to expect in this role:
- Maintain accurate financial control systems and report on monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- Liaise and advice on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time
- Monitor progress on site and issue required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- Ensure regular meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage
- Ensure tenders are accurate and delivered on time
- Assist the contracts manager securing labour, material and sub-contractors to ensure contracts are completed on time and to budget.
The “Ideal” Candidate:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
- 8yrs minimum experience within a relevant sector in the construction industry
- Proven main contracting experience working on projects over £10million
This is an incredible opportunity! Please contact James Lennon for more information. 0131 516 6598