Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civils
My client, national civil engineering contractor has engaged with Peace Recruitment to source a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The role of the Senior Quantity Surveyor is to commercially manage multiple projects within a major framework, which has another 6 years to run.
- Liaison with estimating to take responsibility of projects from contract award through to final account agreement
- Cost management
- CVR reporting and forecasting
- Reporting progress to senior management
- Supply chain procurement
- Review and compilation of supply chain contract documentation
- Management and administration of sub-contractor accounts
- Measurement, pricing and evaluation of compensation events
- Producing and submitting applications for payment
- Client facing contract administration for negotiation and agreement of compensation events.
- Agreement of final accounts and completion of required client documentation to facilitate governance approval.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Professional Qualification (e.g HNC/HND/Degree/Diploma) or equivalent
- Mechanicial/electrical & heavy civils experience preferred
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contract
- Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
- Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to encourage and support other members of the commercial team
For more information and a confidential chat, please speak to John Gillen for further details.