Senior Quantity Surveyor (Housebuilding)
Senior Level salary + car allowance + more benefits
Peace Recruitment is working with one of Scotland’s greatest housebuilders to source a senior quantity surveyor for their Aberdeen-based commercial team.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the senior quantity surveyor will be required to carry out the following key duties:-
- Maintain all cost control procedures working within the guidelines set and compile all monthly and quarterly reports as required
- Responsible for all cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations. They must have the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
- Compile site start budget, liaising with all Departments to ensure documents are completed in time for site commencement.
- Maintain budget control throughout the development
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Process sub-contractor orders and payments, using Excel and COINS
- Evaluate and agree variations, liaising with site personnel and sub-contractors in order to maximise productivity.
What are they looking for?
- Qualified to HND level in quantity surveying or a relevant discipline
- Full understanding of the current market conditions and rates
- Wide experience in the discipline within the housebuilding or constriction industry
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
In return our client offer a competitive base salary, company bonus scheme and car allowance, along with a choice of flexible benefits.