Senior Structural CAD/BIM Technician
£37,000 - £42,000
Civil & Structural
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Structural CAD/BIM Technician to work within my client’s Glasgow office, to join their ever expanding team and increasing client base.
This position offers the opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of projects including Education, Healthcare, Residential and Leisure Buildings.
You will have excellent communication skills, and be able to represent my client through direct contact with clients and other design team members as well as being able to manage your own workload. You will also have strong architecturally driven design experience.
Responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of BIM/CAD drawings (general arrangements and details) of the Structural/Civil Engineering designs undertaken by the Engineers. This may involve preparation of BIM/CAD drawings from hand drawings, sketches or from BIM/CAD layouts prepared by others. You shall be responsible for the management, plotting, issuing, archiving and filing of BIM/CAD drawings produced by my client plus the incoming drawing information obtained from other design team members and Contractors.
- Supervision and management of junior technicians.
- Liaison with engineers, and the in-house management of projects and deadlines is vital to the role. You shall liaise with the department management team to obtain guidance on project programmes, deadlines and priorities.
Key Areas of Focus;
- Liaison with the management team to appreciate forthcoming workload and programme priorities
- Preparation of BIM/CAD drawings for issue to external parties
- Liaison with other design team members and Contractors
- Receipt and management/filing of incoming drawings from other design team members and Contractors
- Reviewing outside Consultants and Contractors drawings
- Filing and archiving of BIM/CAD drawings prepared by my client
- Maintaining BIM/CAD standards
- Development of BIM/CAD standards including 3D modelling, library of standard details etc
- HND/HNC qualified in Civil Engineering or similar qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in preparation of CAD drawings, at least 2 years of which has been in supervision/checking role.
- Full working knowledge and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD software
- Good IT skills with experience of MS Office Suite etc
- Demonstrable expertise in time and project management, delivery and quality of drawings.
- Good people skills and team working approach