Structural CAD Technician
£25,000 - £32,000
Civil & Structural
I am now looking for a Structural CAD Technician, to join my central Scotland based client.
My client are actively looking to grow their Scottish division and are keen to get a Structural CAD Tech in to the business as early as January.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global organisation, who have offices and projects across all continents. Once settled into the role, travel to other offices and projects across the world will be encouraged.
- Supporting the local team, the role will involve the preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings under the guidance of the Engineers and Lead Technician
- Work within the company CAD standards, procedures and document controls, providing support to the engineering team
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of all the common building materials and details, as well as exhibiting good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for team and self-development
Essential Experience / Skills Required:
- Structural Engineering background
- Project experience as a technician within an engineering practice / environment
- Ability to produce accurate and well-presented drawings or documents in accordance with briefings from engineering staff
- Ability to understand and create structural details from general arrangement plans
- Knowledge and experience of all common building materials and details
- Conversant with 2D/3D draughting software using AutoCAD and REVIT (although REVIT is not essential – you will be trained)
- Knowledge of BIM co-ordination on projects
- Experience of Project Extranets and document control procedures
- Ability to take ownership of own projects and undertaken coordination of works
- Experience of Reinforced Concrete and Steel Structures
For an informed chat on this position and client, please contact me on the following details; email@example.com and 0131 516 9858