Peace Recruitment is currently working with one of the country’s leading independent workplace design companies to source a Studio Director to join their Senior Management Team in Edinburgh.
This incredible opportunity has arisen to lead and develop the company’s Edinburgh Studio due to substantial growth throughout the country. You would be joining and leading an established team of architects, designers, quantity surveyors, project managers and other property professionals. As Studio Director you must demonstrate strong architectural and interiors knowledge, ideally within the commercial sector, as well as strong leadership skills. The suitable candidate will also be able to demonstrate a high level of creative and technical ability whilst possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will be skilled in leading and managing a highly skilled team and be able to ensure success in terms of buildability, budgeting and programming.
What will I be required to do as part of this role:
- Commercial Management - from the assessment of project requirements and preparation of fee proposals to management of variations and gross profit. As part of a senior management team you will work with other divisions to maximise profitability of all projects and also have direct responsibility for P&L
- Design and Studio Management – you will lead the studio team towards high quality results that meet deadlines within the relevant margins. An “Inspiring” outlook is essential as you will be required to motivate and inspire both your colleagues and clients. You will support junior members of the team when required and provide assistance in development when needed.
- Business Development – you will be passionate and demonstrate a strong aptitude for developing business opportunities. You will be required to manage existing clients and support the Regional Manager with identifying and securing future opportunities.
- Strategic Development – as a senior member of the Management team, you will play a key role in developing services and growing and shaping the business.
What do I need for this role:
- You will have the experience to take the lead in large and / or involved commercial projects whilst carrying out all RIBA work stages
- Focused on company goals and business profit
- Ability to assist in the development of a team of diverse property professionals through mentoring
- People management skills and experience
- You will be a strong all-rounder with an emphasis on technical ability and methodical work, but also possess a strong visual and design ability
- Experience of successfully managing major account customers and large contracts
- You will have an interest in, and a track record of, commercial architecture and interior design.
- Networking and expanding an existing client base
- RIBA part 3 qualification and registration with the ARB is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity at a convenient time for yourself please contact myself on 0131 516 3350 / firstname.lastname@example.org