Building Services (M&E)
Sustainability Engineer - with Flexible Working - Salary £DOE
Peace recruitment are excited to announce an opportunity to work alongside a coveted client of ours. The client are experts in optimising building performance and promoting sustainable development for a range of building types. They possess an in-depth interdisciplinary knowledge of engineering design to deliver sustainable design solutions. The company possess an astute knowledge of BIM software to help deliver construction projects by means of digital building physics modelling. Our client is looking for a technically competent sustainability engineer to join the ever-growing team ahead of what is shaping up to be a very exciting time for the company. If you want to develop your career and get the chance to work on some of the most exciting projects in the country then look no further as this is the role for you.
Why should I apply?
- This is your chance to join a highly skilled team in an area of engineering away from the traditional, but no less important, Mechanical & Engineering work. While you will still be interacting with the M+E teams, you will also be heavily involved in stand-alone Sustainability/Energy projects of huge range and scale.
- To be part of not only an award winning company, but award winning Sustainability team.
- Career progression and individual development are valued facets of the consultancy and this is proven in the very low staff turnover rate and longitude of employee service.
- A really open, friendly office environment and company attitude is backed up by their open plan, modern office in Edinburgh city centre.
- A generous salary and package is available – £DOE + benefits, depending on experience.
- Exposure to the wide variety of sectors including education, medical/healthcare, commercial, residential, historic, and high-end projects.
Am I suitable?
- Building Services and building energy related experience.
- BREEAM Assessor experience and a working knowledge of Thermal Modelling packages (IES) is highly desirable.
- Degree qualified and ideally working towards chartered status.
- Be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of environmental solutions, low carbon technologies, and sustainability.
- Possess the ability to calculate energy and CO2 savings through sustainable design practices.
- Ability to carry out surveys for EPC as well as to advise on site specific energy efficiency/renewable energy measures.
- Strong people skills with demonstrable man management and client facing skills.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a market leading firm. If you would like to be considered, or have any further questions/queries which I can answer, please contact me directly for a confidential chat on 0131 516 2671or email email@example.com