Timber Frame Design Technician
Peace Recruitment are delighted to be working with a leading Timber Kit organisation who are looking to add an experienced Timber Frame Design Technician to their team based in the central belt area of Scotland.
You will be responsible for producing all drawings and schedules for production and site manufacture. You will need to ensure you are crating the most cost effective design to ensure the project is structurally complete.
- To report on design progress to the Design Manager, on completion of design work packages.
- check all product information is correct and in accordance with client’s brief
- produce all technical information (timber kit fabrication drawings and loose material “take off” schedules) as required using computer aided methods wherever possible.
- Organise and order all non-stock factory items required with regards to their allocated projects.
- progress project correspondence and site queries where required and maintain a high-quality professional image
- resolve project complaints and complete any variations
- co-ordinate instructions from Design Manager, as requested.
- ensure compliance with regards to the company quality assurance systems at all times.
What do you need for this role?
- Ability to organise workload and manage time.
- Ability to interpret project information, architectural drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of timber frame software and auto cad systems.
- General knowledge of construction and design.
- Effective communication skills with all other departments and clients.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD computer design software is required and previous experience of Mitek WoodEngine timber software would be beneficial, but not essential.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in hearing more about give Sarah Hobson at Peace Recruitment a call for an informal chat.